Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Anxiously Engaged

April 24, 2010

I left work early today because I was not feeling well and we had planned on going to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I was so excited to go because I had never been before and I love tulips...especially Kyle's.

We walked around this huge garden covered in all colors of these bright, gorgeous tulips everywhere.



You can totally tell how sick I felt by the color of my flushed skin. I know that I am normally pale after the Winter months, but I was especially pale that day.



I swear we walked around the garden about 5 times. I could not understand WHY Kyle took such an interest in flowers. I mean...I LOVE tulips, but not enough to take 5 laps around the garden while feeling a bit nauseous. He kept backtracking to find places that we may have missed while trying to find a spot to propose where some nerdy kid would not have interrupted. After getting frustrated from finding every spot to be filled with walking traffic, we left...and I was so happy to be able to sit down to settle my stomach.

I still didn't know why Kyle seemed so frustrated at this point, but he said he wanted to take me for a drive. I agreed as long as we did not have to walk anymore. We drove up to the end of an empty coldesac that overlooked the entire valley. It was a beautiful view. We both got out of the car to take a look and Kyle asked me if I wanted some gum from the car. I guess I turned around too quickly because I saw him quickly try to hide what was in his hand. Once he knew that he'd been caught, he just said, "Shelley, I've got something for you." He then proceeded to get down on one knee and propose to me as the man who lived in the house next to the overlook watched with tears in his eyes (added for effect) but there really was a guy staring through his window.

I have to say that I have he most GORGEOUS ring in the world. My brother-in-law's cousin custom made it and it turned out more beautiful than a similar designer ring.




We are in a different outfit because I looked so sickly in the pictures on the day that we got engaged, that I made Kyle take more.


No comments:

Post a Comment